Welcome to the 2018 Malone Poland Service Learning Team (PSLiT) Blog Site!!!

My name is Dr. David Entwistle. Dr. Greg Miller and I are leading the 2018 Malone Poland Service Learning Team (PSLiT). We are excited to have a really solid group of people on our team: Christina, Dominick, George, Julia, Leah, Olivia, and Tori. I have been to Poland about a dozen times since first going there in 2005. The first Malone team worked with some Canadian missionaries that I had met at the church I attended, and that connection led to other connections with Polish church leaders and a University in Warsaw where I had the privilege of being a visiting professor.
Our team this year will work with my good friend, Daniel, who is the pastor of a Polish church, Kościół Chrystusowy w RP, in Sosnowiec, Poland. We anticipate that we will help with painting and perhaps some small construction projects at the church, as well as helping a local English teacher so that her students can practice conversational English with native English speakers. We will also return to the University where I was a visiting professor and interact with Polish university students.
Malone Service Learning Teams strive both to serve others and to learn about their lives and their culture. For us, this means that we will plan on exploring Krakow and Warsaw as well as going to museums about Poland's history and culture, ranging from the Auschwitz concentration camp to cathedrals and castles.
Thank you for your interest in our team. We will try to post daily updates from March 1-10. We especially ask that you pray for our time to be useful as we worship and serve with our Polish brothers and sisters, and as we travel far from home. z Bogiem, Dr. E.

Comments

1. Great post ! I am pretty much pleased with your good post.You put really very helpful information
    connected but no internet

ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

11 Maj, 2013 – Bielsk Podlaski